Friday, October 7, 2011

A little about me

I've been sitting her trying to figure out how I wanted to start my first post, and still don't know, lol. So, background on me sounds good. I'm Shannon, married to my wonderful hubby Jake since August 2004. We live in Wisconsin with our 2 pups Duke and Morgan and 2 cats. Similar to Sophie, about 2 years after we got married we decided to start our family. We always wanted a big family and thought it this was it. I wondered if we would have problems as my cycles have always been a little crazy. Before we got married, I went 6 months without getting my period. But we tried on our own for about 9 months before I went to my doc for my annual and asked all kinds of questions. I got a hysterosalpingogram or HSG in Novemeber and did my first 6 cycles of clomid then. No luck. Unlike Sophie, our insurance doesn't cover any infertility testing, so everything is out of pocket. Long story short, we did see a RE (reproductive endrocologist) and was offically diagnosed with PCOS. Talk about crushing! I was almost sure that I had it, but  I don't think my OB/GYN was comfortable with diagnosing me. I had a total of 2 aborted IUI cycles due to the amount of cysts that I had when I went in for day 3 ultrasounds and one failed IUI cycle. This is where we ran out of funds, but there is some hope, we may try again before the end of the year. Right now work for me is crazy cause I am training for a supervisor position.

I met Sophie when I was journaling on a website that I was also an active member of the forums too. It really took one phrase "Heck yea!' and the rest of our friendship is history. She keeps me sane most days and there is rarely a week that goes by that we aren't texting about something. It makes me a little sad, I went looking for the site and it's not active anymore. I have 2 years of journals about my feeling and what we went through that i really wanted to copy and print off to keep for myself. Boo!

And I just have to say "GO BREWERS" We'll see what happens when they win tonight. Love ya Soph! It's hilarious that my hometown team and her hometown team are playing each other in the post season. Talk about ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment